My last 3 second grade dances have been for my boys.
This time it was my girl.
A whole different story entirely.
From the minute they picked partners, it was all about the 2nd grade dance. I heard all of the details. I saw all of the moves. I had the songs memorized. Alyssa was in her glory. Dancing, singing and holding hands with boys.
Could there be anything better?
I don't think so.
This is not a great picture, but I did capture the actual holding of the hands.
(Michael Jackson would have been proud)
I am not even going to think about the fact that they were writhing around on the cafeteria floor.
Nope, not gonna think about it.
At one point the dancers were asked to go get people from the audience to participate in the "funky chicken dance"
Luckily Alyssa picked Ashlyn and Carson.
(I actually would have really liked to see Trev doing the funky chicken)

It was a glorious performance.
From a glorious girl.
And if she's anything like me she will never forget those hands, the first hands she ever held for an elementary school dance (my partner's were rough and scratchy, my guess is he had eczema. Can't remember his name or face, but I will never forget his hands.)
That's my girl.
A performer, a dancer, and now a hand holder.
It was a glorious performance.
From a glorious girl.
And if she's anything like me she will never forget those hands, the first hands she ever held for an elementary school dance (my partner's were rough and scratchy, my guess is he had eczema. Can't remember his name or face, but I will never forget his hands.)
That's my girl.
A performer, a dancer, and now a hand holder.

1 comment:
I love this! Sometimes I am amazed that even though I talk to you daily, I still get new information from your blog. How does that happen?
She is cute. I love her holding Carson who looks as big as she does.
Post a Comment