March 15, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrr

WHY IN THE WORLD

WOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND



CHOOSE


TO GO CAMPING
(Please let me explain the above picture. Dig trench in snow. Lay down tarp in trench. Lay down sleeping bag on tarp in trench. Insert boy into sleeping bag. Cover with other half of tarp. Try to sleep. Crazy!!)


IN THE SNOW?

I'll tell you why.
Because they are men and they love it. Because it gives them bragging rights. Because it makes them tough. And because it is totally awesome and they have a blast, or so they say. I actually felt a little better about sending my sons off to winter camp when I learned that they really do learn survival skills. That there was a purpose to the madness of sleeping in below freezing temperatures, and that purpose was to learn how to survive if you were ever stranded in the cold. So, I was OK to let them go this year. As long as I was home warm and cozy in my bed, I was absolutely OK.
AND when our car drives off the road in a raging storm next winter and nobody can find us for 5 days, I know my boys will make sure we survive, in the snow, freezing temperatures, and trenches....we will survive!







1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

Hi Lisa!
I just caught up with your adorable blog! I love to be able to glean such great ideas from my friend thousands of miles away whenever I want:) Honestly--you are such a wonderful Momma and person--I am blessed to know you! I love the bingo night--bug party--waiting so long to buy sunday shoes (ha I can relate!) and the presidents dinner--so fun!
It sounds like you are all doing great!! I am coming out for Womens Conference--hopefully I will see you there!