April 29, 2010

It's a Love/Hate thing

In March we attended yet another Scout competition. This year it was Bryson's turn to participate in the 'Space Derby'. I hate these things. I don't know why. Maybe because I grew up with all sisters and never knew anything about them. Maybe it's because I don't really like competition. Maybe it's because I don't like to see boys so upset when their rocket or car or boat miserably fails. Maybe it's because I see dad's that are more into it than their boys and those are the ones that usually win (which means my boys usually don't win) And maybe it's because Trevor has been out of town for several of the derby's and was out of town again for this one.

I love that Bryson (and my other boys) have amazing scout leaders. I love that Bryson got to spend some time with his dad to make this rocket. I love that even though it is a competition my boys seem to handle it well, even the losses. I love that Bryson's rocket won first place in one, just one, of the heats.

I love Cub Scouts. I believe it has made my boys better boys. I love the excitement of these Derby's, not only for the participants but for their families who all come to cheer them on.

And I especially love this cute little Bear Scout, who was so excited for "his" derby after coming to his 2 older brothers derbys. And finally, I love the fact that after 8 derbys (be it cars, boats or rockets) we only have 5 more to go!





1 comment:

Scott and Traci said...

Holy cow, five more to go still! That's bum luck that Trevor has been out of town for so many of them. . .