March 2, 2010

Show and Tell

It was show and tell today at Ethan's preschool. The letter was "R." We had lots of suggestions for him. A Rabbit or Racoon (both of which we have in the form of stuffed animals)? Nope! A rock? We have a pretty awesome rock collection. Nope! Rings, Relish, Red stuff? Nope! Nope! Nope! Ethan had his mind set on taking his favorite stuffed animal Bluey......whom he conveniently re-named Rocky, but just for today, because Bluey is a really cool and special name.

Now back in the day this would have really bothered me. I would have insisted that they bring something really neat like a Rocket or a Rhinestone for "R" day, but I have mellowed a lot after 7 kids, and Bluey, um I mean Rocky, was stuffed into the backpack without a second thought and we were off, me and a little boy with a huge smile on his face who couldn't wait for show and tell that day!

1 comment:

Scott and Traci said...

Great story about what matters most, the smile. I will need to remember that one!! I can't believe Eto, he looks so grown up. I showed the kids the pictures on here today and they couldn't recognize who this one was! They noticed he looks different. I miss the chubby cheeks!! He is such a handsome kid.