March 3, 2010

Is she 50?!


I'd like to introduce Kara Allred the newly called.............
WARD ORGANIST!
I was in with her when they issued the call. We were dying, we were confused, and we were very nervous. We kept looking at each other and dying all over again. I mentioned that she doesn't know how to play the organ and the counselor didn't seem phased. He only said,
"That's OK."
(I am not a musical person at all and I don't know much, but I do know that playing the organ usually requires some fancy footwork going on under the organ)
And so, because she is wonderful and obedient and will serve wherever she is called, she said yes, we shook hands with the bishopric member, and we walked out the door. I was telling my sister Sarah about the call and she said, "What is she 50 years old or something?!"
No! she is 15 years old and she is the ward organist!
And knowing Kara, she will learn and grow and she will succeed and I will be the one beaming in the congregation at my beautiful daughter up there on the organ bench, fancy footwork and all!

1 comment:

Scott and Traci said...

Holy cow?! What a compliment! And sort of crazy, I can't believe it. Were you even expecting that at all? That is exciting in so many ways. Kara will definitely be a lifesaver to many congregations in years to come! I am anxious to hear how it turns out! She can certainly just not play the pedals for a while (I have done that before). But still, the organ is different than the piano! And playing for the whole ward to sing? I would die of nerves. Wow, she is going to learn so much--what an amazing opportunity to have while she is young. Good luck Kara!!