
Three years ago when they placed this beautiful little person into my arms I felt overwhelmed. As I looked down at her with tears in my eyes I thought to myself, "Why are you here? Why did you choose our familly? And what amazing and incredible things are you supposed to do while you are on this earth?" I still don't know the answers to those questions, but I do know that this beautiful little person IS amazing and incredible and our family adores her. Here are just a few of the reasons why:

Ashlyn is very independent, content and happy. Ashlyn loves High School Musical (and can sing every word on the soundtrack). Ashlyn still sucks her thumb and twirls her hair. Ashlyn has bad excema and is extremely unphotogenic (for every decent picture seen of her, there are about 15 not so decent). Ashlyn gives the best hugs ever, so tight and meaningful, and she gives them freely.

Ashlyn still loves, loves, loves books (we spent part of her birthday just browsing in Barnes and Noble, she didn't know it was a bookstore, she thought it was
heaven). Ashlyn's favorite song is "Single Ladies" by Beyonce and she has the dance moves to prove it. Ashlyn can buckle herself into her carseat all by herself and has been doing it for a year now. Ashlyn can't say her "B's" so she says Grandon, Grycie and granas (for bananas). Ashlyn loves all vegetables.

Ashlyn loves to have fun (her birthday also included a ride on the Merry-Go-Round). Ashlyn got a bike and princess panties for her birthday. Ashlyn will always asked to be washed up after every meal and prefers her daddy to do it. Ashlyn still loves Barney and going to nursery.

Ashlyn still gets comments on her eyelashes all the time. Ashlyn has discovered my stash of chocolate and helps herself often. Ashlyn loves her daddy and enjoyed her first date with dad this week with a trip to the pet shop and then an ice cream. Ashlyn brightens my day everytime I see her. Ashlyn will always be my sweet baby girl.
I love you Ashlyn, Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
What would we do without our little Ashie. I love her so much.
I didn't know you guys had a blog! Ok, so I must be pregnant. This post made me bawl. Happy Birthday Ashie! She looks so grown up and beautiful!! I can't believe she's already 3.
i got a little teary too. i love ash too, but am constantly amazed at what a great mom you are. i love you!
How did 3 years go by like that? I remember getting that little note in the mail saying you were having an April baby (but she turned out March). Gee every one of her birthdays and mile markers is going to be a family stage for you guys. Have fun with the panties?! Maybe the diapers will end up with the crib and how fun that will be...
Post a Comment