April 7, 2010

Dr. Suess....I'm so sorry!

Several weeks ago the kids celebrated the great Dr. Suess's birthday in school. They read his books, made Cat in the Hat hats and did lots of other fun activities. One activity that Alyssa's class did was write poems in honor of Dr. Suess.

Aren't these sweet? A pretty cat in a pretty hat. A friendly fox. Precious.




Oh, and look at this- two cute mice and a moon and a spoon in the beginning stages of love. I was touched by Alyssa's tribute until I came to this entry.....



WHAT!?! Where in the world did this come from? A constipated chicken! I almost died when I saw this. It doesn't even rhyme! What did her teacher think when she read this from my sweet little Alyssa? Does Alyssa even know what constipated means (apparently she knows how to spell it correctly)? I felt a need to call the teacher and explain. Explain that we really are a decent family. Explain that Alyssa follows three brothers who, much to their mothers dismay, find humor in potty talk. Explain that Alyssa didn't mean any disrespect to Theodore. But, of course, I didn't. We had a little discussion about potty talk, about constipation and about the need to keep some things to ourselves. I have no idea if any of it sunk in. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am just hoping that this little project will be forgotten before the next parent teacher conference. But who am I kidding? How can a teacher forget the plight of a poor constipated chicken, who despite his condition, miraculously "lade" 10 eggs! Nothing about that is forgettable!






1 comment:

Scott and Traci said...

I am sorry but that is a crack up! And little Alyssa! I hardly even know how to spell that word, and she did it perfectly. I'm sure her teacher is still laughing :)