March 9, 2012

goodbye corn on the cob


The first time Brandon got his braces on, two years ago, came as a surprise to both of us.  We were at the orthodontist for an adjustment on his expander and the doctor said, "Let's just put his braces on today." 
And so we did.

 As we were driving home Brandon said, "Mom, I didn't get my last meal!"  I had given both of my older kids a traditional last meal the night before they got their braces on and he had been totally gypped.
  Luckily, (or I should say unluckily) Brandon's teeth were pretty messed up so this was just phase 1 on his long road of teeth torture.  I promised him that for phase 2 he would definitely get his last meal. 

And I am a woman of my word.   

 

Today Brandon is scheduled to get braces on for the second time.  He only has to have them on for, oh, a little over 3 years!
  Yep, I think he really deserves this last meal.


He ate every last bite.  And then the next day he hopped willingly into the chair.




And braced himself for the next 3 years.


 


It's going to be a long road, but he's up for it and personally I think he looks totally cute as a brace face!





No comments: