December 6, 2011

live

Last year for the first time we went to a Live Nativity. We had such a great experience we decided we wanted to make it a tradition. So we headed out again this year. It was up in Alpine and it was FREEZING! I am talking like 19 degrees freezing. It was bitter cold. But we braved the cold, bundled up and we began our journey.


Please pay no attention to those boots on my feet. They are hideous old fashioned grandma snow boots (especially hideous with skinny jeans). And nobody was supposed to see them. It was dark and I didn't realize that the picture Trevor was snapping of us warming up by the fire with hot chocolate was a full body shot. Embarrassing, yes, but did they keep my feet warm, totally!

OK, lets get back to the nativity please and get as far away as we can from those boots!


Along the path to Jerusalem we visited with a donkey.





And chatted with some camels.



We really liked the camels.



We were stopped several times by the soldiers who were looking for the baby Jesus.



And then we entered the bustling city of Jerusalem.



Inside we saw carpenters, leather workers, pottery makers, seamstresses, and basket weavers.



We ate unleavened bread and saw animals, sheep, geese and more camels.
We enjoyed it all very much.


But this is why we really came.

We passed the angles singing to get to the stable.

We felt the spirit.

And despite the cold weather, our hearts were warm.



2 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

I remember doing this years ago--and it was FREEZING the night we went too:) Is it still going on? We will be there on Saturday and I would love to go again! What a cute family you have--and I don't think your boots look bad!!

TravisandLori said...

Looks cold!! What a fun thing to do though!