October 19, 2011

Bloom....

...where you're planted.



I found this little flower one fall morning as I was out walking to a neighbors house to deliver something. There were many flowers along my route but this one made me stop in my tracks. I ran back home to grab my camera. And then this little flower got it's own personal photo shoot.

This flower perfectly captured in my mind one of my favorite sayings,

"bloom where you're planted."

I have always loved that saying and I try to live by it and teach my children to do the same. I feel strongly that you should try to make the best of where you are and what you are doing no matter what.


Make the best of the calling you are in, the class, the neighborhood, the state of life, even if it's not what you would have chosen.

Just like this darling little flower did.

It bloomed amidst the weeds and dirt and construction when I'm sure it would rather have been with a bunch of other flowers that were swaying in the wind just a few feet over.

But this flower chose to bloom, right where it was planted.

And because it bloomed it made me smile.

It made me happy.

It made my day.

And I needed that.


No comments: