June 22, 2011

Courage

I had the privilege of attending the Activity Day Girl's Talent Show. It was a very anticipated Mother/Daughter date that did not disappoint.



There were about 30 girls.

Twenty seven of them plinked out a song on the piano.

Two of them sang.

And then there was Alyssa.


Alyssa decided right when she heard about the talent show that she was going to dance. I thought (and hoped) she would perform a dance she was learning in her dance class (you know, one choreographed by a professional dancer). Nope. "I want to make up a dance by myself" she proudly stated. And make up a dance she did. She picked the song "Bad Day" by Daniel Powder. She made up some moves. She practiced. The night of the big performance she introduced herself and her talent and then she began to dance.


She danced with feeling.

She danced with passion.

She said she was so nervous.

It didn't show.



After the show one of the moms came up to me and said, "You know, courage is also a talent." I totally agree. Never in a million years would I have done that when I was a little girl.

But my Alyssa is confident.

She has courage.

And she's definitely got talent.

She was the perfect date.

And for the record it wasn't a "bad day" at all.







1 comment:

TravisandLori said...

yeah Alyssa! You are awesome!