Two things on my list this week-Catch up on kids journals (I was only 1 year behind) and Start my blog. My kids journals-7 of them, one year behind! I finished today. It only took my about 3 weeks this time. It is something I love that I have done for my kids, but I hate doing. It takes me forever, my hand gets cramped and as I write I keep thinking of new things I need to write about, and so it will take me even longer. But, I love that I have recorded things that if I hadn't I would never remember. I love watching my kids read their journals and laugh at the funny things they said or did. I love that they ask me, "did you put that in my journal, because it was funny?" And I love that in some way I am keeping some sort of journal, even if it isn't my own. I also love that it gives me an excuse to write down how much I love my kids and that I think a lot of the things that they do are incredible. That is why I do it, even though I hate doing it. So now the journals are back on the shelf, instead of beside my bed in my humongous "to do" pile.
Finish journals--check!
Next on my list was start my blog. I thought this was a good time to transition to journaling on a blog. I love reading other peoples blogs. I love the thought of journaling with pictures and it is time I accept the fact that times are changing. And so here I am, my first post, on my new blog. I still really have no idea what I am doing. I hope I learn as I go. I have actually been blogging in my head for about a year now, but just have never gotten around to actually learning how to do it. Then my wonderful sister Sarah came into town, sat me down, wrote a step by step list that I am looking at right now, and told me that she knew I could do it. I am blogging for my family. To document all of the everyday little things that happen in our lives, the good and the not so good. We'll see how this goes. And I get to check another thing off my list (one of my favorite things to do!)
Start my blog--CHECK!

3 comments:
I love it. I too love crossing things off my list. So glad I helped you start your blog because I know you're going to be an amazing blogger. I can't wait for more!
I blog in my head too (much more than I actually blog). I'm so happy you have finally joined the blogging world though. You are an amazing story teller and I am excited to read about the Allred adventures.
Journaling with pictures. . .that's a good way of putting it.
Post a Comment